Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why blog?

So I guess I've decided to take the scary plunge into the blogging world. Why? Three reasons.

1. I'm trying to avoid Facebook.
2. I'm a terrible mother who doesn't make scrapbooks or even photo albums for her children to look back on and reminisce their lovely (crazy) childhood
one day.
3. My stinkin' sister fell in love with a Texan, lives there now, and it's a great way to keep family updated on our daily lives.

The last reason doesn't really count because, even though she lives in Texas, we talk a LOT. An embarrassing amount actually. I think we are the reason verizon has an "in" network. You can thank us later.

As a new member of the blogging world, I promise to update at sporadic times so that you're always guessing and wondering when the next update will be and you waste countless minutes refreshing your screen to see what our family is up to. Because let's be honest, how can a mother of three young children update her blog daily when she is so busy cooking, cleaning, and educating said three children? (Or when she is busy rereading the Twilight series while she should be cooking, cleaning, and educating said children).

I also promise, as a computer illiterate person, to try to figure out how to post pictures soon, since that is one of the main purposes of this blog. If I can't figure it out, this blog will be over before it started and I hope you enjoyed this one post.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on joining the world of blogging! I've been doing one to keep the husband's family updated for about a year now and they love it. I look forward to keeping up with what's going on with you guys, I always enjoy hearing SE's stories about you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the "Grandma Fish" to these wonderful children, I admire you greatly for finding a creative and fun way to keep all of us "in the loop" and for creating a history for EG, I, and O (do you realize their initials make me sing "Old MacDonald"??). I am proud of your compassion and nurturing spirit when it comes to being a mom and the same is true of your love for my youngest son! I am blessed by this busy fabfischerfive!

    ReplyDelete