Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fashion Star

They say what's on the inside is all that really matters. I know that, really I do.
That's why I tried. I really did try to let her leave the house looking like this.
I mean, in the grand scheme of things, what's more important: her having self confidence and "artistic flare" or me wanting her to look cute at pre-school? I mean seriously...it's just a bunch of 4 year olds. For crying out loud, they don't care how she looks.

I did try. Promise.
I couldn't do it.

So, we compromised.
Compromise is good. It's a valuable lesson to learn.
The pink socks, twirly skirt, and purple hat weren't going, so we changed the shirt.
Compromise.
If compromising is such a valuable lesson, why do I feel guilty?
She wasn't hurting anything.

Aahhhh...mother's guilt. Does it ever end?

I asked her to put her hands on her hips and strike a pose.
I think (thank the Lord) we can cross off supermodel from future career choices.

Not to be outdone by big sis, here's "Spiderman". Don't even try to call him Isaac today.
He gets mad. Real mad.

Next time, I won't care. Promise. As long as everything's covered - I won't care.
I'll keep trying.

2 comments:

  1. Some of my most dreaded words were always: "But, I don't want to wear THAT. I want to wear THIS!" A direct quote from you. Love to all of you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll have to see some of Uncle Kevin's pics from preschool "graduation".....cut-off jean shorts w/fringe everywhere; a faded and too long Pink Panther t-shirt, socks that were too baggy to stay in place, and the most scuffed/ripped sneakers ever. He "insisted" and Dad was in charge while I was at preschool setting up the reception for the parents. Lesson here.....dads get ALL the points for not even having to try when it comes to outfits. Mother's guilt never (ever) stops. AND a grandma has NO guilt....it is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete