Saturday, October 10, 2009

There's no place like....Heaven

Top 10 Reasons the Diva has been annoyed with me this week:

1. I can't tell her exactly when we're going to Heaven.
2. I don't know if it's in two weeks or two years. (her suggested time frame).
3. I can't tell her exactly which of her friends will be there.
4. I don't know exactly what God and Jesus are doing right now.
5. I don't know what kind of music they will have there.
6. I don't know if or how often there will be pajama or dance parties there.
7. I don't know exactly how we will get there.
(When I suggested flying, she said "Great, I likes to ride on airplanes")
8. I don't know if there are princesses there.
9. I don't know what she'll eat there.
10. I forgot to wash her pink leggings before school on Friday.
(I know the last example was unrelated, but she was fairly annoyed about that....)


The above picture was taken at the mall. I now wonder if she thought that motorcycle would take her to Heaven. It was one of her suggested modes of transportation, along with walking, cars and bus rides.

Why is she obsessed with and asking so many questions about Heaven this week? I haven't the slightest clue.

Does she think of Heaven as the ultimate family vacation? Pretty sure she does.

Should I tell her that to get to Heaven, she has to leave here? Don't feel like explaining that right now. Would you please be a dear and do it for me?

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember when Aaron was in a wedding in the Episcopal Church at age 5? Since you had always attended CofC, you were fascinated with priests in robes and the HUGE pipe organ. After observing the regalia of the wedding, flowing robes, and resonating music you turned and asked if we were in heaven. EG's curiosity brought me back to that delightful memory. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete