Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Oh, 2007 Britney, I get you.




Honestly?

Today was one of those days where I wanted to quit and throw in the towel.

Okay honestly?
This whole month I've wanted to quit and throw in the towel.

Today was just the day that I voiced that opinion out loud.....to my professor.......after making a C on a test that I studied my butt off preparing for. Well not technically. Technically my butt is getting bigger because when I'm stressed, I eat. And I've been seriously stressed for the last two months so you do the math. And maybe buy me some new jeans.

Anywho......she handed me my graded exam and I did what every respectable and mature 37 year old college student does: I burst into tears. Right there. In front of the class. Yup, it was most definitely one of my finer moments in life. And then I ended up in her office where I cried some more. And she encouraged me. And told me to get more rest. And told me to stop beating myself up because I still have a B in the class and this one test will not determine what type of nurse I am.  So then I stopped crying because I was upset with myself and started crying because my professor (who, btw, is younger than me) was calling me Sweetie and taking time out of her day to encourage me to keep going. And because apparently she thinks I'm sweet. Which I think we can all agree is not the first adjective that comes to mind when most people think of me.........

And I want to keep going.
Because I think if I can live through it, it will be worth it.

And sometimes God calls us to do hard things.

And a lot of people are going through things that are a LOT more difficult than this, so I should be able to handle a little schooling, right?

Oh goodness, please tell me I'm right.

I mean, seriously:



So even though I feel like shaving my head, bashing a car with an umbrella, and throwing my A&P book in the trash, I guess I'll keep going. Because truth is I'm not Britney. I can't afford nice wigs or rehab, and my dad is definitely not controlling my millions of dollars.


2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with that "oh you are too young to be my professor" gal....you ARE a sweetie. A tough cookie. A smart broad (smart ass gal too!). A survivor. A determined and talented woman. A woman of many layers (like an onion....so must be why you cried). A woman that turns to faith and laughter to challenge herself at least one more day, one more exam, one more semester.....to the finish line (not saying how many tests until graduation, but you KNOW the finish IS there). Britney Spears....hmmm...I pretty much think you are too blonde naturally, too smart, too compassionate, too connected to others to fill her shoes....not sure about your singing, but we'll leave it at that. GO GET 'EM GIRL! YOU CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! Love you! You can do it. You are totally someone to look up too! We need to run, that might solve most of your stress.

    ReplyDelete