Thursday, December 30, 2010

Adventure? Who needs it...

The older I get, the more I enjoy family time.

When you're young it's all about the adventure.
I don't seem to need all the adventure anymore.
Or maybe adventure has just come to mean something completely different.

Just stick me in a room surrounded by family and dude, I'm there.
And being with family at Christmas?

Witnessing the bond between grandparents and grandchildren?



Watching Todd's brother prove his, ahem, geekiness intelligence?

Dying laughing over inappropriate inside jokes with my sister-in-law?
(Who by the way is one of my most favorite people in this universe...just sayin'.)

Hearing my youngest babble and laugh with his grandma?

That's all the adventure I need.

Brother-in-law's family left Monday for New York.

Grandparents trickled out today.

And now it's back to the real world of packing and bringing in the New Year and looking forward to the magic of Christmas again next year.


Keep scrolling if you want to see more Christmas Scrumptious Cuteness:

1 comment:

  1. Great pics and description of family fun! We had a GREAT time too. The pics of Lachlan and Owen...priceless. Give those two one (maybe 2) more years and watch out sibs/cousins!

    ReplyDelete