Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fourth of July Fun

So, we just got back from our annual fourth of July trip to the OBX. It was a lot of fun and a lot different than it used to be. In the olden days, we would stay up late and sleep in until noon before we stumbled out to the beach to lay out and get some sun.

This trip, we stayed up late and were woken by babies and toddler's around 6:30 am. Laying out on the beach translated into refereeing feuds, going back and forth to the house for naps, and hoping to read one article about Michael Jackson uninterrupted.

Even so, we still had a blast.

I can't post many pics because I don't want to post other people's children without their permission, but here are two of my favorite guys. Both in flotation devices. One made out of cardboard. Don't ask.




3 comments:

  1. Two of my favs too :D The fun was so wonderful to share....not the early wake up calls, but then I missed those for the first few days you were here. Wonderful memories and so many laughs to sustain us through until our next time together! We will plan to "play all day" at the beach house Saturday - one play day out of the 7 there, I guess it better be up early and stay up late! Getting my pics printed today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Owen in Isaac's little hat. Glad you had fun at the beach. And, yes, please post a pic of you in the running skirt. Do they make them tent size for me to walk in? Love U, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are funny....love the one of todd in cardboard, hilarious

    ReplyDelete