Thursday, September 3, 2009

Marbles

We have a wonderful children's museum here in Raleigh. It's called "Marbles". Don't know why they call it that, but my theory is that after an hour in there with hundreds of crazy kids running around, all the mother's have lost whatever "marbles" they had left. I mean just yesterday, in the "fake" ambulance (yes, they have a fake ambulance), a mother was laying on the stretcher resting. I'm not sure where her children were, and a few years ago I may have judged her for trying to nap in a kid's museum, on a fake, germ-infested, child sized stretcher. However; yesterday, there was no judgement - just jealousy that I didn't think of it first. Unfortunately, there was only one stretcher and I didn't know how she'd feel about sharing it with a stranger.

We went with some good friends for the morning and had a great time. Here are a few pictures... If you're wondering why I don't have any great pictures of Isaac and Colin inside the museum, it was not from a lack of trying, but it's hard to shoot a constantly moving target. I love Owen's expression in the last photo. It pretty much sums up the craziness of the day....








1 comment:

  1. Such fun! My one morning there with ONE grandchild (Will...during his "staycation")was wild enough for me! I loved it, he did too, but it was cuh-ray-zee! Funny thing is, I would love to go again.

    ReplyDelete