Monday, November 16, 2015

Busted

So marriage is all about compromise, right?

But what do you do when you can't come to a compromise?

Like let's say, just off the top of my head, when one of you would love to let your non-shedding, super snuggly cockapoo up on the couch to cuddle, and the other one REALLY can't stand dogs on the furniture?

Obviously, the best solution in this scenario is to realize that you're lucky your husband even let you bring home another dog and keep said dog off the furniture OR only allow the dog up on the couch for snuggle sessions when your spouse is not home?

And it was all going so well.....

Enter last night:

Todd and I are snuggled up on the couch watching a movie (I'm sure you see where I'm going with this) and Coop comes strolling in and immediately jumps up in my lap to settle down for a long winter's nap.

Oh yes, he did.

Obviously, being the lovely person that I am, I quickly shoved him off and feigned complete and utter shock at his rash behavior.

And I think I'm a pretty good actress, but dammit, my husband is smart. I knew I should have married someone much dumber.

He turned to me and (in a very accusatory tone I might add) exclaimed, "you've been letting him up here when I'm not home, haven't you?!"

I responded that "while yes, that was most likely true; I thought it was a good compromise?"

He did not agree.

So  poor Little Cooper has been relegated back to the floor.
For which, I completely blame him. I mean, be cool dude. Be cool.
I thought he understood the risks.

Bless his little heart.

And I'm not proud of my actions, but in my defense......


how can you not want to snuggle with this?

Busted.

Totally and utterly busted.


4 comments:

  1. Uh oh...it doesn't count that I let him take a nap on top of me on the couch when he was here for a week does it? I was touching couch and he was only touching me.....Sigh. My own son not seeing the cuddle-ability of sweet Copper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not allowed to drink Coca Cola in my home. (My husband says I promised as one concession I was willing to make so that we could move to the new house. I remember nothing... almost.) Anyway, clearly what this meant is that I can't drink Coke in the house where Bill can see me. If Bill can't see me, then it's obviously fine, so I have one or eight Def Con 5 emergency Cokes stashed in various places around the house. There have been times when Bill has found an emergency Coke... or when my kids have told Bill that I've been drinking Coke in the house (traitors) and those times have been... awkward... and he was not amused by the scenarios as I thought one should be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny!! You should just stash the cans in your feminine products. I doubt he would ever look there......

      Delete