Friday, August 21, 2009

Ssshhhhhh.........listen...........

Do you hear that? What? You don't hear anything? Me neither. It's quiet. Eerily quiet. Spooky quiet. I don't know what to do with myself quiet.Nobody is asking for food. Nobody is asking me to watch this. Nobody is wondering if their Superman shirt is still dirty. Nobody is complaining. Nobody is laughing. Nobody is crying. Nobody is puking. Nobody is tattling. Nobody is yelling "I went poo-poo." Nobody is being bossy. Nobody is playing. It's just quiet. Crazy quiet. Unsettling quiet.

Did I lock myself in the bathroom again to try to steal 30 seconds of quiet? Nope. They are at the beach visiting grandparents for the night. They are having a blast. Me? Well - I miss them, but it's quiet. I literally don't know what to do with my time, but it's quiet. And you know what? I'm going to enjoy the quiet because soon.....well, soon there will be puking, asking for food, crying, giggling, playing, wondering if the Superman shirt is still dirty (it is), and noise. Fun noise. Crazy noise. I love it noise, but LOTS of noise.

But right now...........it's quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Quiet? What's that. Here at the beach it is noisy.....the laughter kind of noise, the cheering for someone who ate the last bite of pancake kind of noise, the grandma made me eggs kind of noise, the look Owen is pooping (not puking) kind of announcement noise.....well, you know the routine:D The quiet here is the memories Chips and Grandma Fish are making with three wonderful grandchildren....oh and your hubby who is updating himself on not WHEN to surf today but WHERE will the waves be the best! Thanks for sharing all 4 of them....now, back to the quiet on your end and the not so quiet on mine :D

    ReplyDelete